Planning and Development Policies are adopted by Council to help guide the actions of the County by providing a guideline for employees to follow in making decisions on behalf of the municipality. It provides a framework for the delegation of decision-making, eliminates misunderstandings, reduces uncertainties, and enables goals and objectives to be met. Some latitude is allowed in decision making, dependent upon circumstances, otherwise, it would be considered a rule or procedure. However, in making decisions, the intent of the policy must be followed.
DEV001: Urban Development Standards
- This Policy is used to establish urban development standards to ensure consistent development is maintained within the hamlets of Mackenzie County in conjunction with the General Municipal Improvement Standard.
DEV002: Subdivision Refund & Revisions
- This Policy is used to ensure consistency in dealing with subdivision refunds and revisions.
DEV003: Multi-Lot/Urban Subdivision Construction and Registration
- This Policy will ensure consistency and clarity in how both urban and multi-lot subdivisions will be constructed and registered. This Policy is used in conjunction with the Municipal Government Act, General Municipal Improvement Standards, and the Land Use Bylaw.
DEV004: Minimum Construction Value for Safety Code Permits
- This Policy is used to establish guidelines for calculating the minimum construction value of commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential building projects.
DEV005: Municipal Reserve
- The County receives various requests for subdivisions, both within the hamlets and in the rural areas. As per the Municipal Government Act and the Land Use Bylaw, the County may receive municipal reserve, in the form of land or money, or a combination thereof, for the provision of future services. This Policy will ensure consistency and clarity on how municipal reserve is collected and managed.
DEV006: Antenna System Siting
- This Policy is for the installation, placement, and consultation requirements of antenna systems (telecommunication towers) within Mackenzie County. This is used in conjunction with federal legislation, the Municipal Government Act, and the Land Use Bylaw.
DEV007: Rural Development Standards
- This Policy is used to establish rural development standards to ensure consistent development is maintained within the rural areas of the County. This is used in conjunction with the Municipal Government Act and the Land Use Bylaw.
DEV008: General Municipal Improvement Standards
- The General Municipal Improvement Standards are intended to serve as minimum standards that are to be followed by the County, developers, engineering consultants, contractors, and others during all aspects of municipal improvement installations, including design, preparation, and submission of plans and drawings, and construction operations. This is used in conjunction with Policy PW039 Rural Road, Access Construction, and Surface Water Management.
DEV009: Subdivision Affidavits
- This Policy is in place to define a formal process when allowing the registration of a rural subdivision prior to completion of required conditions specific to road/access construction. This Policy is used in conjunction with the Municipal Government Act.
DEV011: Floodplain Development Restrictions
- The purpose of this policy is to clearly delineate the scope of repairs and rebuilding that is allowable to properties within the flood-affected areas from the 2020 Peace River Ice Jam Flood.