Mackenzie County provides rental of a limited supply of equipment for agricultural use as per policy ASB009: Rental Equipment. Farmers have first priority for rental equipment. Rental equipment is not to be used for commercial purposes. Equipment, maintenance expenses, and rental rates may be reviewed annually.
For availability of equipment, please contact the Fort Vermilion Office at 780-927-3718.
- Equipment is to be picked up and returned during office hours (8:15 a.m. 4:30 p.m.) Monday to Friday, except holidays.
- Deposits are required before equipment is picked up.
- Renter is responsible for the entire time equipment is signed out in his/her name.
- There will be no partial day charges. All transactions will be charged a minimum of the rate of one full day covering a period of 24 hours, commencing from the time the transaction is initiated by the renter.
- There will be no charge for Sunday rental if the equipment is not used.
- No renter can rent equipment for a period longer than 4 days unless there is no other demand for the equipment.
- Equipment is to be greased daily by the renter.
- If equipment breaks down, the Mackenzie County office must be notified immediately. Repairs should not be done by the renter.
- Renters will be assessed damages to rental equipment where there is evidence of obvious abuse.
- Renters must ensure equipment is picked up with a vehicle of sufficient size to safely tow equipment along highways.
- Shelterbelt Tree Planter: No Cost
- Paraplough: No Cost
- AAFRD Dugout Pump and Pipe: As per the Fee Schedule Bylaw