Mackenzie County is currently inviting applications for a Public Works Supervisor position. The primary location for this position will be in Zama, however, the individual may be required to work in other areas of the municipality as per operational requirements. This is a full-time out-of-scope position with a 40 hour work week (8 hours per day) Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Manual labor (i.e. shoveling snow/dirt);
- Maintenance and repair of signs, culverts, bridge washing, etc.;
- Assisting with crack-filling, pavement patching, etc.;
- Operate snow/plow truck, grader, lawn mowing equipment, backhoe, misc. equipment as required;
- Minor grader maintenance including changing blades;
- Document the maintenance of roads, establish task priorities, and prepare monthly reports to the Director of Operations;
- Review maintenance procedures regularly;
- Ensure maintenance and construction projects are completed in a timely manner while meeting the County’s standards and specifications;
- Assist in the preparation of the roads maintenance budget;
- Daily supervision of road maintenance staff and contractors;
- Assist other departments and external organizations as directed by the Director of Operations;
- Some weekend or holiday work required (Saturday & Sunday);
- Other duties as required.
Requirements for this position are:
- 3 – 5 years related experience;
- Minimum 2 years Supervisor experience;
- Heavy Equipment Operator experience;
- Ability to provide supervision to staff and contractors;
- Ability to work under minimal supervision;
- Ability to provide effective interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven organizational and time management skills;
- A valid class 3 driver’s license;
- Evidence of successfully passing a Police Criminal Record Check;
Salary Range: $91,402.06 – $102,827.32 per annum. Mackenzie County offers a Comprehensive Benefits Package including isolation pay.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.