Mackenzie County is currently inviting applications for a Casual Equipment Operator position. The primary location for this position will be in Zama, however, the individual may be required to work in other areas of the municipality as per operational requirements. This is a unionized position and the hours of work are on an as needed basis.
Reporting to the Public Works Supervisor (Zama), the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Manual labour (i.e. shoveling snow/dirt);
- Maintenance and repair of signs, culverts, etc.;
- Snow removal, manual and equipment;
- Operate the snow/plow truck or grader as required;
- The safe operation and minor maintenance of County equipment;
- Assisting with crack-filling; pavement patching;
- Some weekend or holiday work required; (Saturday & Sunday)
- Other duties as required.
Requirements for this position are:
- A valid class 5 driver’s license; class 1 or 3 an asset;
- Two to three years’ experience operating equipment (i.e. loader, backhoe,
tractor, skid steer, & lawn mower);
- Moderate physical strength and stamina;
- Mechanical knowledge of equipment would be an asset;
- Knowledge of road maintenance;
- Adequate verbal and written communication skills;
- Evidence of successfully passing a police Criminal Record Check;
Salary Range: $27.35/hr. – $34.64/hr. As per the Collective Agreement, vacation pay will be calculated based on six percent (6%) of your earnings.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.