Council approved Bylaw 1219-21: Mackenzie County Developer Incentive Bylaw on April 13, 2021. The intent of this bylaw is to delay tax increases on recently improved, residential lots within the Hamlets of Fort Vermilion, La Crete, or Zama City.
Eligible Developers/Builders must:
- Have a Valid Business License with Mackenzie County, Town of Rainbow Lake, or Town of High Level;
- Have constructed at least three (3) separate Dwelling – Single Family homes on three (3) separate eligible properties or constructed three (3) separate Condominium Units within one (1) year;
- Have approved development and building permits for each eligible project;
- Provide proof that one (1) or more eligible properties has been on the market and remained vacant for one (1) year from the time of construction completion;
- Have paid all Eligible Property taxes to date.