Bursaries For Post-Secondary Students
Bursaries are available to first-time university or college students within two years from their public school graduation date (the public school must be within the Mackenzie Region). Students returning to their second through the fourth year of studies may also apply to receive a bursary. Mature students may also be considered at the discretion of the Council. The student or their immediate family must reside in Mackenzie County.
Download the Bursary Application Package below or pick one up at any County Office. Forms are also available at high schools throughout the County.
On March 7, 2023, Council approved Bylaw 1288-23, the Mackenzie County Business Incentive Bylaw.
The intent of this Bylaw is to reduce taxes for a period of no more than three years, to encourage new business development and expansion within Mackenzie County.
Eligible businesses must:
- Be a Primary or Secondary Industry that is not already operational within in the region;
- Be an existing Primary or Secondary industry that is expanding to increase manufacturing or processing in the region;
- Have expansion increase at a minimum of 25% of current floor space, which requires an increase in staffing for operational requirement.
- Current Mackenzie County Business License;
- Have all provincial, federal and municipal permits in place;
- Have no outstanding business property taxes.
Download the Business Incentive Bylaw and Application below or pick one up at any County Office.
Cemetery Maintenance Grants
A Cemetery Association and/or Church must make a written application prior to October 31st each year to be considered for grant funding for the following budget year, as per Policy ADM005: Cemetery Maintenance Grants. Grant funding shall be subject to Council and budget approval up to a maximum of $600.
Download the 2023 Cemetery Maintenance Grant Application Package below or pick one up at any County Office.
Grants For Non-Profits
The County offers annual financial assistance to the local non-profit groups and organizations. The deadline for applications is October 15th of each year for funding granted in the next budget year. The County’s Council reviews all requests during their budget deliberations. Grants are provided according to Policy FIN013: Community Organization Funding.
Download the 2023 Grant Application Package below or pick one up at any County Office.