On March 7, 2023, Council approved Bylaw 1288-23, the Mackenzie County Business Incentive Bylaw.
The intent of this Bylaw is to reduce taxes for a period of no more than three years, to encourage new business development and expansion within Mackenzie County.
Eligible businesses must:
- Be a Primary or Secondary Industry that is not already operational within in the region;
- Be an existing Primary or Secondary industry that is expanding to increase manufacturing or processing in the region;
- Have expansion increase at a minimum of 25% of current floor space, which requires an increase in staffing for operational requirement.
- Current Mackenzie County Business License;
- Have all provincial, federal and municipal permits in place;
- Have no outstanding business property taxes.
Download the Business Incentive Bylaw and Application below or pick one up at any County Office.