News | April 8, 2022
- Full width cut on all County roads north of the Peace River.
- Single cut (15 feet) on all County roads south of the Peace River.
All County Roads north of the Peace River will be sprayed with a residual herbicide in 2022.
- Herbicides to be used are Navius & Clearview.
- Product labels and regulatory requirements will be followed.
- All spraying is done by a licensed Pesticide Applicator.
- Spraying is to commence June 10th, completion by July 10th.
“Do Not Spray” Program
Mackenzie County maintains a “Do Not Spray” program for residents who do not want any spraying along county roads adjacent to their property (i.e.; organic producers, berry patches, herbicide allergies, etc.).
Those interested must complete and sign a “Spray Exemption Agreement”. These are available at all County offices. Mail-in requests are not accepted and all agreements must be signed in the presence of a Mackenzie County employee. Anyone who signs an agreement will accept responsibility to control all weeds along these road allowances. The County Weed Inspector will be carrying out inspections to insure this is done, as weed control is an essential part in successful vegetation management.
The deadline for agreements is May 31, 2022. No agreements will be accepted after this date.
Any questions or concerns can be forwarded to Grant Smith, Agricultural Fieldman 780-927-3718 or firstname.lastname@example.org